What is the BLAC Experience? Its more than just competing in a fun, friendly and family-oriented club. Its about our Values, our Culture and the fantastic events that make being a part of the Brighton Little Athletics Club (BLAC!) such a rewarding experience for athletes and their families.
The BLAC Values are derived from Little Athletics Victoria’s own Mission Statements which are:
- To develop children of all abilities by promoting positive attitudes and a healthy lifestyle through family and community involvement in athletics activities.
- Through the enjoyment of athletics develop positive attitudes and a healthy lifestyle for our children, families and community.
From these, BLAC Values are:
- To encourage and develop athletes to help them achieve their personal best
- To have parents and athletes be actively engaged in our Club and Community
- To have an active membership who help the Club succeed week in, week out
- to, as a Committee, do what we say we’re going to do
We hope you find something you identify with in these Statements and Values and are encouraged to participate each week at BLAC.
Culture & Events
At BLAC we have a great culture where the focus is on participation, personal best and community support. Into our 48th year since formation in 1969, BLAC 63 has developed a reputation for developing great athletes and an even better club-environment that openly welcomes new families and athletes into the fold.
Our culture not only produces great athletes but also great administrators and coaches.